Billing & Rates
At Desert Community Energy our goal is to offer you a choice for cleaner energy at competitive rates. DCE’s rate setting process is intended to be open and transparent to the public. Our rates are set annually by the DCE Board of Directors, your local elected officials who care about your interests, at public meetings where you can have input. DCE rates may be adjusted as needed to remain competitive. One of the benefits of local rate setting and Community Choice Energy is more stable, predictable rates.
DCE Rate Schedules
You can review our rate schedules for both residential and commercial (includes other non-residential rates) rates by clicking here or on the buttons below.
Bill Comparison Tool
Use our Bill Comparison Tool to calculate your specific rate and better understand what your bill looks like with Desert Community Energy and SCE rate options. Let’s get started:
- Locate your most recent SCE bill.
- Find the ‘Supply/Generation Charges’ section on the second to last page of your bill.
- Under “Details of your new charges” you’ll see ‘Your rate’.
- Click on the Bill Comparison Calculator button below and select your rate, service location (city), and enter your energy usage in kWh. If you do not see your rate plan listed (including NEM rates), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Your total energy usage in the billing period, measured in kilowatt hours (kWh) can be located under ‘Your past and current electricity usage’ section.
- Select the orange question icons for guidance on where to find additional information on your bill or call us at (855) 357-9240 for help.
DCE & SCE Joint Rate Comparison
DCE has partnered with SCE to provide customers with a Joint Rate Comparison (JRC). The purpose of the JRC is to show you a comparison of our common electric rates, average monthly charges, and generation portfolio contents. Click the button below to view the latest JRC.
Time-of-Use Rate Plans
Starting February 2022, most Desert Community Energy and Southern California Edison customers will be automatically transitioned to a Time-of-Use (TOU) rate plan as part of a statewide initiative to fight climate change. Customers have a choice between three different rate plans. Click here to learn more.